It’s that time of year again. Time where you hear about how important it is to get a flu shot but you’re just ‘too busy’ to take the time to get it. Or you’d rather come to the gym and get your WOD on than spend 5 minutes making sure you’re not bed ridden for weeks with the flu (unable to get your WOD on).
Here at Industry Athletics, we are ready to provide you with the best of both worlds! Come get your WOD on and then get your flu shot… without even having to make another stop on your way home!
Kellen, one of our awesome members, is a Pharmacist who will be taking time out of her day to post up at CFH & CFHE to distribute flu shots to those people who are interested (which should be everyone!). She will be at CFH on Saturday October 13th from 8:30am-1:30pm, and then at CFHE on Saturday October 20th from 8:30am-1:30pm.
Check out these FAQ’s below to answer any question you may have. Please be sure to fill out the survey in #5 so she knows how many health conscious people to expect.
- “Why should I get a flu shot? I never get the flu.”
- Getting rest, eating right, and hand washing are all important tips to help keep you healthy this flu season. But the CDC still recommends getting the flu shot as the first and most important step in preventing the flu.1 It would suck to miss a week of CrossFit being sick in bed!
- “What will happen if I get the flu shot? Will it give me the flu?”
- No. The virus in the flu shot is dead so it will not give you the flu. Most people experience no side effects beyond a sore arm for a day or so. A few people may have mild flu-like symptoms as their body mounts a reaction to the vaccine but they will be much less severe or dangerous than actually getting the flu.
- “How much does it cost?”
- It costs $40 out of pocket, but most insurance plans cover the full cost of the flu shot. We accept almost all plans, except we are not able to bill CareFirst Blue Choice.
- “Can I bring my husband/wife/roommate/child?”
- I can give the flu shot to anyone 9 years of age and older. Anyone under 18 must have parental consent.
- “What do I need to do?”
- Bring your lovely self and your insurance card to one of the times listed. Also please fill out this survey, even if you’re only contemplating getting it, so I can be prepared: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PBNC8MC
- “What if I have questions? What if I can’t make it that day but I still want to get the flu shot? What if my insurance wasn’t one of the ones listed? What if I’d like to receive a vaccine other than the flu shot?”
- Please reach out to me personally at email@example.com.
- “Will it hurt?”
- No more than thrusters.