13 May Join the #800gChallenge
Nutrition is the foundation of all we do! It helps us to perform better and aids in recovery. Here at Industry Athletics we want to provide you the opportunity to learn how to better fuel yourself, so in June we will be holding a Nutrition Challenge…BUT with a TWIST!!! Over the course of 4 weeks we are going to aim to build healthy nutrition by focusing on ADDING nutrient dense foods to our everyday diet instead of eliminating food groups.
SO WHAT IS IT?
The #800gChallenge was designed by OptimizeMe Nutrition and it is simple!!! Eat what you want BUT each day you will consume 800 grams (g) or fruits and/or vegetables, by weight.
No foods are eliminated. Only fruits and veggies count toward the 800g. Eat the fruits and veggies of your choice.
Raw, cooked, canned, frozen; doesn’t matter! If you can weigh it as a standalone and unprocessed fruit or vegetable, you can count it. Yep, that’s it! Here’s a one-sheet with all the rules.
So why 800g? It’s associated with increased health and is a simplified way to hit those recommended servings of fruits and vegetables. Read more here.
HOW IT WORKS
- Eat 800g of fruit and/or vegetables, by weight, a day
- Attend a minimum of 3 classes a week during the challenge period
- Complete the weekly fitness challenges
- Log your progress in a shared document
- June 3rd to June 30th
- WhiteBoard at FedHill and HarborEast
- FaceBook Live Event on Sunday June 2nd (more information to come)
- Challenge: $25
- Challenge plus 2 InBody Scans: $40
- We will be using a google doc to log scores and leaderboard throughout the challenge More info on scoring can be found here.
- One overall winner will receive 3 months 1:1 Nutrition Consulting ($300 Value)
- Based on compliance, consistency and total points
- One weekly winner will win a $10 gift card to various shops
- Based on most spirited and consistency from each week